Submissions for the 2016 Festival have now closed.
Thank you to all those who submitted films. We’ll be announcing the results soon.
Details of the submissions process including the terms and conditions, are listed below for reference.
Transforming Cinema will create a trans focused film festival giving transgender and genderqueer people a platform to broadcast their voices and stories. The festival wants to provide a safe space for expression and discussion.
Transforming Cinema accepts narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films. All films submitted should in some way discuss or explore transgender/non binary/gender non-conforming/intersex/genderqueer themes.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: 30th September 2016
There is NO entry fee or screening fee.
How to Submit your film
- Please complete the form below to submit your film.
- Films must be submitted via Vimeo or YouTube. They may be public, unlisted or private. If one of the latter please provide access details.
- If your film is successful we will contact the filmmaker to ask for a copy of the film to screen at the film festival.
- We cannot return any submitted materials.
- We will notify you via the contact details supplied if your work is accepted by October 17, 2016.
- Once a film is submitted, it maybe withdrawn for any reason.
- For questions or more information, contact: info @ edenfilm.co.uk
Terms and Conditions for submission
- Only one entry per person.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Entry is open between the 10:00 10 June 2016 and 23:59 30th September 2016. Entries submitted outside this period will not be considered.
- Films submitted must be on the theme stipulated i.e. in some way discuss or explore transgender/non binary/gender non-conforming/intersex/genderqueer themes.
- You must be the originator of the submitted artwork.
- Any work submitted should not contain any content, which infringes copyright laws.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be contacted via email. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Transforming Cinema may require.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Dates and venue are subject to change if events occur beyond our control.
- Due to time constraints we are unable to give comments on individual films prior to submission or offer feedback for unsuccessful entries.
- There are no fees for participating in the festival. Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the festival.